Residential Tenancy Application Form
To apply for a lease please complete all required information in our online application form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Tenant Application Form to Download
[ Tenants Application Form ]
(Right mouse click and "Save Target As" to save a copy to your hard disk.)
Please download this form, complete and fax with copies of your identification to
Surf Coast Real Estate
F 03 5263 2323
Note: Applications will only be processed after confirmation of inspection of the property.
I hereby offer to rent the property from the owner under a lease to be prepared by the Agent. Should this application be accepted by the landlord I agree to enter Into a Residential Tenancy Agreement.
By submitting this application the applicant:
- has inspected the property and acknowledges it was in reasonably clean condition at time of inspection.
- accepts the property in the current condition and facilities as inspected.
- Acknowledges it is a condition of the Lease Agreement that ongoing rental payments are paid on the due date, monthly in advance and in full. Ongoing rental payments are to be made by direct debit from a cheque or savings account.
- Acknowledges this application is accepted subject to the availability of the property on the due date and no action shall be taken by the applicant against the landlord and the agent should any circumstances arise whereby the property is not available for occupation on the due date or if the application is unsuccessful.
I acknowledge that this application is subject to the approval of the owner/landlord. I declare that all information contained in this application (including the reverse side) is true and correct and given of my own free will. I declare that I am not bankrupt.
Tenancy Privacy Statement
I authorize Surf Coast Real Estate to obtain personal information about me from:
- The owner or the Agent of my current or previous residence
- My personal referees and employer/s
- Any person who maintains any record, listing or database of defaults by tenants; and I authorise and consent to each of those persons providing requested personal information about me to the Agent
If I default under a rental agreement, I agree that the Agent may disclose details of any such default to a tenancy default database, and to agents/landlords of properties I may apply for in the future.
I am aware that the Agent will use and disclose my personal information during the application process and during the term of my tenancy in order to:
- Communicate with the owner and select a tenant
- Prepare lease/tenancy documents
- Allow trades people or equivalent organisations to contact me
- Lodge/claim/transfer to/from a Bond Authority
- Refer to Tribunals/Courts & Statutory Authorities (where applicable)
- Refer to collection agents/lawyers (where applicable)
- Complete a credit check with NTD (National Tenancies Database) or similar organization
- Transfer water account details into my name
- The Landlord's mortgagee – for mortgage purposes
- Other real estate agents and landlords
- Utilities companies such as gas, electricity and water connections
- Banks for rental payment facilities and financial records
NTD Disclosure Statement
To contact National Tenancy Database Pty Ltd (ABN65 079 105 025) ("NTD"):
Telephone: 03 9610 4996
Facsimile: 03 9620 7339
Web site: www.ntd.net.au
In Person: Level 7, 477 Collins Street, Melbourne 3000
NTD collects your personal information to provide to its members historical tenancy and public record information on individuals and companies who/which lease residential and commercial property from or through licensed real estate agent members of NTD. NTD also provides credit information on companies/directors applying for commercial leases.
The real estate agent/property manager will advise NTD of your conduct throughout the lease/tenancy and that information will form part of your tenant history.
NTD usually discloses information to:
- Licensed real estate agent members
- NTD's parent company, Collection House Limited
- (ABN 74 010 230 716) and its subsidiaries
- Credit Bureaus
Please provide the following documents to support your application.
- Three forms of identification including one with photo( eg. passport, driver’s license), medicare card, bank card
- Proof of income – three successive pay slips and/or bank statement showing same
- Proof of your current address eg. utilities bill, bank statement
All applicants will be required to provide 100 points of identification to accompany this application as listed below:
Drivers Licence : 50 points
Passport : 50 points
Birth Certificate : 50 points
Proof of Age Card : 50 points
Rates Notice : 20 points
Student ID : 20 points
Current Wage Advice : 20 points
Previous 2 Rent Receipts :20 points
Gas or Electricity Account :20 points
Bank Statement :10 points
Concession or Pension Card :10 points
Photocopy of photo ID is required
In submitting this form the Applicant consents to Surf Coast Real Estate collecting and using personal information as outlined above.